Vietnamese Inspired Peas, Tofu & Noodle Salad
Blanched garden peas, tomatoes, rocket, chopped spring onions, fresh coriander, crispy tofu cooked in sweet chilli sauce and rice noodles. All tossed in a Vietnamese inspired dressing made from rice vinegar, lime juice, garlic, soy sauce and chilli flakes. All the cooked ingredients and dressing can be made up to 3 days in advance and tossed together with the rocket when ready to eat.
- No tomatoes? Use peppers instead, carrots or shredded cabbage instead.
- No rice noodles? Use spaghetti instead.
- No rocket? Use spinach or lettuce instead.
- No coriander? Try with basil or parsley instead.
- No lime juice? Use lemon juice instead.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
200 g Garden peas
50 g Rice vermicelli noodles
10 Cherry tomatoes
50 g Rockets
5 Spring onions (chopped )
15 g Coriander leaves (roughly chopped )
For the tofu:
1 tbsp Olive oil
100 g Smoked tofu (cut in cubes )
2 tbsp Sweet chilli sauce
For the dressing:
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 tbsp Rice vinegar
1 tbsp Lime juice
1 Garlic clove (grated )
1 tbsp Soy sauce
1 tsp Chilli flakes
- Start by preparing the peas. Pinch the top end of the pea pod and remove the tough string that runs along the side of the pod. The best way to do this is to snap off and pull the end to peel off the strings. Compost the string parts.
- Fill a saucepan with enough water to just cover the peas and place over high heat. When the water is boiling, add the pea pods and blanch for 3 minutes. Do not add salt to the water as the pea pods will toughen up - however a pinch of sugar will bring out their sweetness. After 3 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Place the rice noodles in a large boxing bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 6-8 minutes (or follow the packaging instructions) until ready to use.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the smoked tofu and cook over high heat for 3-4 minutes then add the sweet chilli sauce. Toss to coat, cook for 1 minute and turn off the heat.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the noodles, tomatoes, tofu, rocket, peas, spring onions, rocket and coriander. Pour the dressing over and mix well to coat. Enjoy!
How to store
Store in the fridge for up to 3 days. All the cooked ingredients and dressing can be made up to 3 days in advance and tossed together with the rocket when ready to eat.