Crispy Tofu, Satay Cabbage & Cucumber Salad
This crispy tofu, satay cabbage and cucumber salad is perfect for when you fancy something healthy, but don’t want another boring salad.
A fresh mix of shredded cabbage, cucumber, chilli and crispy tofu. Best part? You can make the salad ahead of time for picnics or working lunches.
- No white cabbage? Use savoy cabbage or red cabbage instead. You could also try with kale or Brussels sprouts.
- No soy sauce? Swap for tamari.
- No char siu paste? Try with BBQ sauce.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
270 g Cabbages (shredded)
170 g Cucumbers (thinly sliced)
1 Chilli (thinly sliced )
For the satay sauce:
80 g Peanut butter
220 ml Coconut milk (from a can)
2 tbsp Soy sauce
2 tbsp Curry powder
For the crispy tofu:
200 g Firm tofu (cut in cubes)
1 tbsp Corn flour
2 tbsp Vegetable oil
1 tbsp Soy sauce
1 tbsp Sweet chilli sauce
1 tbsp Char siu paste
- Add the peanut butter, coconut milk, curry powder and soy sauce to a small saucepan. Place over a low heat and cook for 1 minute, mixing until everything has melted and it's turned creamy. Turn off the heat, add the lime juice, mix to combine and set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, add the tofu and corn flour. Toss until the tofu cubes are coated well-coated (this will help the tofu get extra crispy). Place a frying pan over a medium heat and add the vegetable oil, then pan fry the tofu cube for about 3-4 minutes, or until golden and crispy on all sides.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and 1 tsp char siu paste. Pour it over the tofu, toss well until coated and turn off the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the shredded cabbage and sliced cucumber. Pour over the satay sauce and mix well. Divide onto plates, then top with the crispy tofu and fresh chilli. Enjoy!
How to store
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Fancy Some More Tofu Recipes?
We've got a bunch!
Kohlrabi Slaw, Dill And Tofu Wraps
These tofu wraps are not only delicious but also quick to make, and can be made in advance and taken out for picnics and on the go lunches.
Peanut Butter Tofu Lettuce Wraps
Baby gem lettuce makes the most delicious and crunchy wraps. Try stuffing your lettuce leaves with this sweet and sour peanut butter fried tofu.
30 Minute Meals: Stir Fried Gochujang Sprouts w/ Crispy Tofu
This Brussels sprouts recipe makes the perfect dinner all year round. Super easy, super quick and super delicious.