Kohlrabi Slaw, Dill And Tofu Wraps
These tofu wraps are not only delicious but also quick to make, and can be made in advance and taken out for picnics and on the go lunches.
The kohlrabi is turned into a slaw, mixed with fresh dill and stuffed into tortilla wraps with crispy tofu.
- No kohlrabi? Use carrot, radishes or shredded cabbage.
- No cornflour? Try with chickpea flour.
- No mayonnaise? Use yoghurt or kefir.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
1 Kohlrabi (cut in julienne )
2 tbsp Dill (chopped )
2 Limes (juiced )
5 tbsp Mayonnaise (or vegan mayonnaise )
1 Avocado (chopped )
4 Large tortilla wraps
200 g Firm tofu
4 tbsp Cornflour
2 tbsp Vegetable oil (for cooking )
2 tbsp Soy sauce
Salt & pepper
- Drain the tofu, pat dry, and cut into slices. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cornflour to a plate and then toss the seasoned tofu in the flour until coated. Heat the vegetable oil in a pan, add the tofu, and pan-fry until golden brown. Deglaze with the soy sauce, toss to coat then turn off the heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the kohlrabi julienne, dill, lime juice, avocado, mayonnaise and a pinch of both salt and pepper. Mix well and season to taste.
- Spread the kohlrabi slaw over the tortilla, then top with crispy tofu. Wrap the tortilla, cut in half and serve.
How to store
Store in an airtight container, in the fridge for up to 3 days.
In Need Of More Packed Lunch Ideas?
We've got a spread to choose from!
Lunch Box Pepper Hummus with Crispy Za'atar Pitta
Bring a ready made lunch box with fresh homemade roasted pepper hummus to your next picnic – it’s perfect for scooping up with crispy pitta bread.
This recipe is great for using the whole asparagus, it's packed with flavour and great for picnics or on-the-go lunches.
Picnic Filo Pastry Beetroot Mini Quiches
Save all the effort of slicing up portions by making these cute individual mini filo pastry quiches. Each bite delivers a flavour explosion of beetroot, goat cheese and basil. These mini quiche versions store well and are perfect to take on a picnic. If you don't have a mini hole tin, use a muffin tin and make larger quiches.