Hoisin Tofu With A Courgette Noodle Slaw
Colourful, full of flavour and texture, and easy! A quick and healthy dinner idea, perfect for any night of the week.
- No ginger paste? Use fresh grated ginger instead.
- No carrots? Try with mooli radish or parsnip instead.
- No courgette? Use carrots or cucumber instead.
- No soy sauce? Use tamari instead.
- No lime? Try with lemon instead.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
150 g Firm tofu
1 tbsp Sesame seeds
For the glaze:
4 tbsp Hoisin sauce
2 tbsp Lime juice
2 tbsp Soy sauce
1 tbsp Ginger paste
2 Garlic cloves (grated)
- In a flat container, add all the ingredients for the glaze and mix until smooth. Pour two tablespoons of the glaze into a mixing bowl and cut the tofu into 2 cm thick slices. Add the tofu to the glaze and set aside to marinade.
- Use a spiralizer or julienne peeler to spiralise the courgettes and carrot directly into the mixing bowl with the two tablespoons of glaze mixture.
- Place a frying pan over a medium high heat. Add the glaze and tofu slices. Simmer until the glaze has reduced and thickened into a syrup, about 5-8 minutes. Turn the tofu slices a few times into the glaze to evenly coat.
- Divide the slaw between two plates and top each with the tofu slices. Garnish with sesame seeds.
How to store
Store in an airtight container, in the fridge, for up to 2 days.
Looking For More Tofu Recipes?
We've got a few!
Avocado And Tofu Poke Bowl
Cooked sushi rice seasoned with sweet rice vinegar and topped with spicy soy sauce, crispy tofu, creamy avocado, seaweed nori and sesame seeds.
Carrot, Tofu and Jalapeño Pesto Tacos
Ready in less than 30 minutes, these vegan tacos showcase crunchy carrots, crispy tofu and a quick juicy jalapeño pesto.
Vietnamese-Style Grilled Tofu Vegan Sandwich
Baguette stuffed with golden grilled tofu, sour fermented mooli radish and spicy vegan mayo.