Carrot, Tofu and Jalapeño Pesto Tacos
Ready in less than 30 minutes, these vegan tacos showcase crunchy carrots, crispy tofu and a quick juicy jalapeño pesto.
- No carrots? Swap for tomatoes, roasted aubergine or roasted squash.
- No tofu? Use any protein you like.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
4 Small soft corn tortillas
150 g Firm tofu (cubed )
1 tbsp Cornflour
1 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Onion powder
a pinch of Cayenne pepper
1 Avocado (cubed )
50 g Jalapenos (drained from a jar )
50 g Coriander (leaves and stalks )
Salt & pepper
- Blend the jalapeños, fresh coriander, lime juice, salt and pepper in a food processor until smooth (add a little water if it's a bit dry). Cut the carrot into thin batons using a julienne peeler or knife, then add to a mixing bowl with the avocado, 1 tsp olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Toss the tofu in the corn flour. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a small frying pan, then add the tofu and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne pepper and toss to coat. Turn off the heat and add it into the bowl with the carrots. Toss and set aside.
- Heat up the corn tortillas in a large frying pan over medium heat. Fill with the carrot mixture and top with the jalapeño pesto.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
How to store
Store your homemade pesto in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Follow the same steps with your leftover jalapeño pesto using the veggies and protein of your choice.
In The Mood For More Taco Recipes?
Let's taco-bout it!
Smoky Mushroom Tacos with Jalapenos
A healthy vegan meal and sharing feast. The mushrooms are quickly marinated and grilled until lightly charred. The tacos are stuffed with onions, mushrooms, jalapenos and topped with generous spoonfuls of smashed avocado.
Cabbage Slaw Tacos with black beans & feta
Cabbage tacos are the perfect affordable summer recipe – delicious for entertaining or for a quick dinner meal any day of the week.
Smoky Courgette Tacos
Missing your favourite Mexican restaurant? GivE these courgette tacos a go. Grilled and smokey courgettes, with a touch of spice, and a creamy coriander & lime mayonnaise… who could resist? We’ve got our wonderful ODDBOX guest chef Storm (@whatstormeats) here to take you through this simple and delicious recipe, bound to impress whoever you're cooking for.