Avocado And Tofu Poke Bowl
Cooked sushi rice seasoned with sweet rice vinegar and topped with spicy soy sauce, crispy tofu, creamy avocado, seaweed nori and sesame seeds.
- No avocado? Swap for carrots, cucumber, courgette, radish or tomatoes.
- No rice vinegar? Use apple cider vinegar instead.
- No sushi rice? Try with jasmine rice, basmati rice or quinoa.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
For the sushi rice:
150 g Sushi rice
1 tbsp Rice vinegar
1 tsp Caster sugar
½ tsp Fine salt
For the tofu:
130 g Natural firm tofu
4 tbsp Vegetable oil
1 tbsp Soy sauce
1 tbsp Sweet chilli sauce
1 tbsp Sesame seeds
1 Seaweed sheet
2 tsp Olive oil
2 tsp Lemon juice
2 tsp Soy sauce
For the toppings:
100 g Cucumbers
4 Spring onions
- Soak the rice in water for 10 minutes, then drain and put in a saucepan. Add 100 ml cold water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on, then turn off the heat, keep the lid on and set aside to stand for another 15 minutes. Then mix the vinegar, salt and sugar in a small bowl, pour over the rice and stir through. Top tip: Check the packet of your sushi rice and adjust cooking times according to that.
- Cut the tofu into cubes, then use a clean tea towel to pat them dry.
- Put the tofu cubes in a bowl with the cornflour, then toss to coat.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a non-stick frying pan and add the tofu. Cook for 4-5 minutes, tossing often until all the sides are crispy. Turn the heat down to low-medium and add the soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce. Toss well to coat and cook until reduced (about 2-3 minutes). Turn off the heat and add the sesame seeds.
- Cut the avocado in half and then into slices. Chop the cucumber into bite size pieces, and thinly slice the carrot and spring onions. Roll the seaweed sheet up, then use scissors to cut into thin strips.
- Divide the rice between two bowls and top with the avocado, cucumber, crispy tofu, carrots, spring onions and seaweed.
- Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice and soy sauce. Enjoy!
How to store
The poke bowl is a great make-ahead lunch or dinner to eat on the go. It'll will keep for up to 2 days in the fridge.
Add different toppings to serve with your leftover rice. Great options are pickled cabbage, peanuts, broccoli, radish, tomatoes.
Want More Tofu Recipes?
We have a whole load of tofu recipes right here!
Hoisin Tofu With A Courgette Noodle Slaw
Colourful, full of flavour and texture, and easy! A quick and healthy dinner idea, perfect for any night of the week.
Carrot, Tofu and Jalapeño Pesto Tacos
Ready in less than 30 minutes, these vegan tacos showcase crunchy carrots, crispy tofu and a quick juicy jalapeño pesto.
Mooli Radish And Tofu Bibimbap Bowl
This Korean-inspired bowl is packed with veg, all brought together with a smoky and spicy sesame, miso and lime Gochujang sauce.