Pineapple And Coconut Baked Oats
Start the day off with this vegan pineapple and coconut baked oat tray. A simple way to meal prep breakfast for a few days.
- No pineapple? Try with mango, blueberries, blackberries or apricot instead.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
100 g Pineapples
80 g Rolled oats
1 tbsp Flax seed
1 tsp Baking powder
200 ml Coconut milk (from a can )
1 tsp Vanilla extract
2 tbsp Maple syrup
2 tbsp Flaked almonds
1 tbsp Caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180c F/6 gas mark. Peel and cut the pineapple into small cubes. In a small bowl, combine the flaxseed with 2 tbsp of water. Set aside.
- Combine oats, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl. In a jug, whisk coconut milk, vanilla extract, flaxseed mixture and maple syrup, then stir into the dry ingredients until combined. Mix in the chopped pineapple.
- Pour the mixture in a small ovenproof dish and scatter the flaked almonds over the top. Sprinkle the caster sugar over and bake for 25-30 minutes, until light golden on top and the oats are creamy and have absorbed most of the liquid.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then cut portions and serve on its own or with a dollop of yoghurt/vegan yoghurt.
How to store
Store in an airtight container, in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Looking For More Breakfast Ideas?
Start the day off right with one of these.
Cherry & Chocolate Overnight Oats
This classic cherry and chocolate flavour pairing is perfect for breakfast meal prep and batch cooking.
Vegan Strawberry Vanilla Pancakes
A summery breakfast with these fresh and fluffy strawberry pancakes flavoured with vanilla.
Grapefruit & Cinnamon Crunch Cereal
Homemade crunchy cereals flavoured with cinnamon, grapefruit zest and grapefruit juice. These are a great way to make the most of your grapefruit zest and kids love to make them too.