Miso-Roasted Broccoli & Tofu Buddha Bowl w/ Sesame Dressing
This delicious Buddha bowel recipe is perfect for a quick lunch or dinner – and on the table in less than 30 minutes. Broccoli roasted in umami-packed miso paste, sticky tofu on top of nutty rice, finished with a creamy sesame dressing. Eaten hot or cold, this recipe is great for meal prep too as it will keep in the fridge for a few days.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
400 g Broccoli (stalks and florets)
2 Garlic cloves
½ tbsp Miso paste
1 tsp Ginger (Chopped)
2 tbsp Soy sauce
a pinch of chilli flakes
1 block Natural firm tofu (drained)
2 tbsp Sesame oil
2 tbsp Light soy sauce
2 tbsp Maple syrup
2 tbsp Rice vinegar
1 tbsp Tahini
50 ml Water
300 g Brown rice (cooked, quinoa or barley also work!)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Drain the tofu and diced into small pieces. In a separate bowl, add the tofu, soy sauce, maple syrup and sesame seeds. Mix and spread on a tray and pop in the oven for 20 mins until golden.
- Prepare your broccoli by cutting the florets and stalks into small bite-size pieces.
- In a bowl, add the miso paste, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and a pinch of chilli flakes. Mix the marinade and add in your broccoli. Pour onto a tray and then pop in the oven for 15 mins.
- In a bowl, whisk tahini, rice vinegar, maple syrup and miso. Add a little water to loosen.
- Time to build! Add your cooked grains for your base, topped with the delicious roasted broccoli, sticky tofu and fresh coriander. Drizzle over the creamy sesame dressing generously.