Picnic Filo Pastry Beetroot Mini Quiches
Save all the effort of slicing up portions by making these cute individual mini filo pastry quiches. Each bite delivers a flavour explosion of beetroot, goat cheese and basil. These mini quiche versions store well and are perfect to take on a picnic. If you don't have a mini hole tin, use a muffin tin and make larger quiches.
- No beetroot? Use grated carrots instead.
- No goat cheese? Use mozzarella cheese instead.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
6 Filo pastry sheets
120 g Beetroot
150 ml Double cream
60 g Goat cheese
10 g Basil leaves (chopped )
Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/160c fan/4 gas mark. Grate the beetroots and place in a bowl along with the eggs, double cream, basil and a generous pinch of both salt and pepper. Mix to combine and set aside.
- Cut the filo pastry sheets into small squares. Drizzle the mini hole tin with a little olive oil.
- Add three layers of filo pastry sheets in each hole and push down to create little pastry cases. Pour the beetroot mixture in each hole and add a little goat cheese crumb in each one, too.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
How to store
These mini quiche versions store well and are perfect to take on a picnic. Store in a lunch box or reusable container in the fridge for up to 3 days.