Kinpira Style Stir Fried Peppers
These colourful peppers are sliced and stir fried in a Japanese-style glaze. Delicious warm or cold, it is also a great recipe if you need to cook ahead.
This is a great cooking way to use up lots of different veg, like broccoli, snap peas or even kale.
- No peppers? Use broccoli, carrots, parsnips, mangetout, french beans or leafy greens like kale or cavolo nero.
- No red chilli? Swap for chilli flakes.
- No caster sugar? Use brown sugar, honey or maple syrup.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
400 g Bell peppers (approx. 3 peppers)
2 tbsp Vegetable oil
1 Red chilli
2 tbsp Soy sauce
2 tbsp Mirin
1 tbsp Caster sugar
1 tbsp Sesame seeds
1 tbsp Sesame oil
Coriander leaves (for serving )
- Cut the peppers into thick strips.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large wok over medium heat. Add the chilli and cook until fragrant, then add the peppers. Stir-fry for 5 minutes, until just tender, then add the soy sauce, mirin and sugar. Mix well to coat and cook for 5 minutes, until the liquid has reduced to a thick glaze.
- Add the sesame oil and sesame seeds. Toss well, cook for 2-3 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Serve topped with fresh coriander.
How to store
Store in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Use your cold leftovers in your favourite spring roll or sushi recipes.
In Need Of More Pepper Recipes?
Pick from one of these.
Vegan Roasted Bell Pepper Pasta
Make the most of your bell peppers with this roasted bell pepper pasta recipe. The whole bell peppers are roasted and turned into a creamy savoury-sweet sauce. The al dente pasta is tossed into the sauce and served with fresh parsley.
Mediterranean Pepper & Chickpea Traybake
This nourishing traybake recipe combines roasted chickpeas with plenty of peppers, green olives, red onion wedges and lemon.
Mac and Cheese Stuffed Peppers
Looking for a way to use up every last bit of your peppers without any chopping? All you have to do is cut off the pepper tops, stuff them with this easy-peasy mac and cheese recipe, place the “hats” back in the baking dish and bake until golden.