Zero-waste Broad Bean Pods
Did you know you could eat broad bean pods? Here is our zero-waste tip to make the most of your pods by turning them into fritters.
- No ground ginger? Try with smoked paprika, curry powder or the spice of your choice.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
300 g Broad bean pods (pods only)
150 g Plain flour
1 tsp Ground ginger
150 ml Milk of choice
Salt & pepper
Vegetable oil (for cooking )
- To prepare the broad bean pods. Cut the pods in half or into smaller pieces.
- Tip your flour into a bowl and pour the milk into another.
- Season the flour with ground ginger, salt and pepper.
- Dredge the pods into the flour, then dip them in the milk and dredge through the flour again.
- Heat the vegetable oil into a large pan. When the oil is hot, cook the pods until golden and crispy.
- Season with a little sea salt.
- Eat the crispy pods on their own or with the dip of your choice.
How to store
Store in the fridge for up to 3 days. To get them extra crispy again, reheat in the oven for 10 minutes.