Spring Onion Egg Fried Rice
This vegetarian egg fried rice recipe is simple to prepare, quick and so tasty. Made with a simple ingredient list including rice, spring onions, carrot, frozen peas and eggs tossed in a simple soy and sesame oil sauce. It's kid-friendly, freezer-friendly, and perfect for meal prep/batch cooking.
- No spring onion? Use spring green or leek instead.
- No shallot? Try with onion instead.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
6 Spring onions (chopped )
1 Shallot (chopped )
100 g frozen peas
2 Carrot (cubed )
2 tbsp Soy sauce
2 tbsp Sesame oil
2 tbsp Ginger paste
4 Garlic cloves (grated )
2 tbsp White sesame seeds
sriracha (for serving )
100 g Basmati rice
- Bring a saucepan filled with water to the boil. Cook the rice following the packaging instruction. Drain and set aside. This step can be made up to 3 days in advance.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil over medium heat in a large wok or pan. Beat the eggs together, season with salt and pepper, then add to the pan. Cook the eggs, scrambling, until cooked through. Transfer the eggs to a clean bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of sesame oil to the wok or pan. Add the shallot, garlic and ginger paste. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant then add the carrots and cook for 5 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Add the frozen peas, soy sauce and rice to the pan and stir until everything is evenly distributed.
- Fold in the eggs and season to taste. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, drizzle with sriracha and enjoy!
How to store
Store in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.