Spring Green Flatbreads
These garlicky spring green flatbreads only take 20 minutes to make and are a delicious side or snack!
- No spring greens? Use spinach, savoy cabbage kale or cavolo nero instead.
- No olive oil? Try with butter instead.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
100 g Spring greens (leaves only)
100 g Self raising flour
100 g Natural Yoghurt
a pinch of Salt
a pinch of Black pepper
2 Garlic cloves (chopped)
- Blanch the spring green leaves in boiling water for 3 minutes.Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. Squeeze the water out and finely chop the spring greens. Reserve 1 tbsp of the spring greens aside for the topping.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, yoghurt, salt and pepper. Add the chopped spring greens and bring the mix together with your hands. Knead the dough for a few seconds on a floured surface, then cut into four pieces. Roll each piece into flatbreads.
- Place a frying pan over a medium heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil and cook the flatbreads until charred on both sides.
- In the same pan, add 5 tbsp olive oil and the garlic. Cook for 20-30 seconds then pour over the reserved spring greens. Brush the garlicky oil over the flatbreads and serve.
How to store
Store in an airtight container, in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.