Spicy Corn Ribs
The sweetcorn is cut in quarters, fried and tossed in spices. Quick and delicious, perfect for a vegetarian summer BBQ.
- No garlic powder? Try with celery powder or ground cumin instead.
- No smoked paprika? Use cayenne pepper instead.
- No zaatar? Try with sesame seeds instead.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
1 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Sea salt
1 tsp Smoked paprika
1 tsp Zaatar
700 ml Vegetable oil (for cooking )
- Peel and compost the husks from the corn, and any fibres underneath. Cut the corn in half then sit the corn on the flat base and cut it half again, cutting down the length of the corn.
- Lay the halves down, then cut them in two ribs, again, cutting lengthways, and keeping some of the middle intact.
- Blanch the corn ribs in boiling water for 3 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Make your spice mix by mixing the garlic powder, sea salt, smoked paprika and zaatar.
- Deep fry the corn ribs in hot vegetable oil for 3-4 minutes, then thoroughly coat the ribs in the spice mix. Serve hot.
How to store
Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.