Spiced Crumble Stuffed Apples
The perfect comforting dessert for a winter's day, this apple crumble is made directly in the apples and deliciously spiced with mixed spices and ground ginger.
- No ground almonds? Use finely chopped pumpkin seeds instead. Just add them to a blender and pulse blend until finely chopped.
- Vegan? Use vegan butter instead.
- Other spices? Try ground nutmeg and/or ground cinnamon.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
3 tbsp Plain flour
3 tbsp Ground almonds
2 tbsp Caster sugar
70 g Unsalted butter (about 3 tbsp )
2 tsp Ground ginger
2 tsp mixed spice
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160c fan/4 gas mark.
- Core the apples to create a hole in the centre. Place the apples on a tray.
- In a bowl, add the flour, ground almond, caster sugar and spices. Mix to combine.
- Add the butter and use your fingertips to rub the butter and flour mixture together until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Stuff the apples with the crumble and bake for 30 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and enjoy warm on their own or with a dollop of yoghurt or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
How to store
Store in an airtight container, in the fridge, for up to 3 days.