Sesame Crust Cauliflower Steaks
Tender on the inside, but crispy on the outside, these cauliflower steaks are super tasty. They're served with a lime, soy sauce and sweet chilli dressing, they can be made ahead – and they can be made ahead, frozen and cooked when ready to eat
- No lime juice? Swap for lemon juice.
- No eggs? Use plant based milk instead.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
2 Eggs (or plant based milk)
5 tbsp Panko breadcrumbs
5 tbsp Sesame seeds
Salt & pepper
For the sauce:
2 tbsp Lime juice
2 tbsp Soy sauce
2 tbsp Sweet chilli sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/160 fan/gas mark 4 and line a baking tray. Cut the cauliflower leaves out and set aside for now. Cut the cauliflower through the core into 4 steaks.
- Break the eggs into a large bowl and mix in 1 tbsp of water. Dip the cauliflower into the egg mixture until coated on both sides.
- Add the breadcrumbs, sesame seeds, and a pinch of salt and pepper to another bowl. Now dip the cauliflower steaks into the sesame seeds until coated on each side.
- Drizzle the lined oven tray with olive oil and put the cauliflower steaks on top. Drizzle more oil over the cauliflower steaks and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Toss the cauliflower leaves in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Lay them on a baking dish and bake for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce.
- Serve the cauliflower steaks with the roasted cauliflower leaves and a generous drizzle of the sauce.
How to store
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can freeze the cauliflower steaks (uncooked) and bake them when ready to eat.
Serve the leftovers with a marinara tomato sauce and lentils.