Savoury Radish Muffins
Radish muffins are the perfect food on the go. The radishes become sweet and tender and give a wonderful texture to the muffins.
- No radish? Try to make these muffins with carrot, red onion, or leeks.
- No garlic powder? You can use fresh garlic instead.
- No rosemary? Use any dried herbs you have on hand. Oregano and thyme are good options.
- No milk? Use yoghurt instead.
- No honey? Use maple syrup. You can also do without the honey.
- No goat cheese? Try with crumbled feta, blue cheese or mozzarella.
- No olives? Use sun dried tomatoes or capers.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
250 g Plain flour
2 tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Fine salt
a pinch of Black pepper
1 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Rosemary (chopped)
50 g Olive oil
5 tbsp Milk of choice
1 tsp Runny honey
200 g Radishes
150 g Goats cheese (crumbled)
12 Black olives (sliced)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160 fan/4 gas mark, and grease a standard-size 12-hole muffin tin.
- Cut the radishes in quarters, or half for the smaller ones.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder and rosemary.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the eggs, olive oil, milk of choice and honey.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and mix well until combined.
- Fold in the radishes, crumbled goat cheese and sliced black olives.
- Divide the batter in the muffin tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave the muffins to cool in their tin for 10 minutes and enjoy!
How to store
Store your muffins in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can freeze them, for up to 3 months. Pop them in the oven to defrost.
The muffins are perfect on the go, or with a side of green salad.