Rocket Salsa Verde Potato Salad
Make the most of your rocket with this cold, uncooked sauce based on chopped rocket and herbs. Serve on tender cooked potatoes, roasted root vegetables or pasta.
- No rocket? Use parsley instead.
- No potatoes? Try with al dente cooked pasta or tossed in roasted root vegetables.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
100 g Rockets
10 Basil leaves
6 Mint leaves
1 Garlic clove
2 tbsp Capers
1 tsp Dijon mustard
½ Lemon (juice)
8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
7 Small potatoes
Salt & pepper
- Make the rocket sauce: Peel the garlic then finely chop on a large board with the capers, and cornichons. Finely chop the rocket, basil, and mint. Place all your ingredients in a bowl, add the mustard and lemon juice, then slowly stir in the olive oil until you achieve the right consistency.
- Cook the potatoes: Scrub clean and rinse the potatoes. Cut them in half and place them in a saucepan along with 1 tsp salt. Cover with water and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Make the salad: Pour the rocket sauce over the potatoes and gently toss to coat. Serve warm or cold.
How to store
Store the rocket salsa verde in a small glass jar or ramekin. Make sure to cover with olive oil to prevent browning. The rocket salsa verde will keep for up to 4 days in the fridge and up to 3 months in the freezer.
Use the rocket salsa verde on roasted vegetables or toss in al dente pasta to use as herby pasta sauce.