Roasted Pumpkin Fondue
Crusty pieces of bread are loaded onto forks before dipping into the seasonal and creamy fondue to scoop the pumpkin and melted cheese delight. This is a perfect dish for sharing/entertaining which is fun too!
- No cheddar? Use other cheeses such as reblochon or emmental.
- No dried thyme? Try oregano instead.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
1 Pumpkin (medium )
350 g Cheddar (grated )
2 tbsp Olive oil
1 tbsp Dried thyme
2 Garlic cloves (grated)
Bread (to serve)
Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/160c fan/4 gas mark. Cook the whole pumpkin in boiling water for 15 minutes. Remove from the water, cut a lid from the pumpkin and scoop out the seeds and strands. Place the pumpkin into a baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together the olive oil, thyme and a generous pinch of both salt and pepper. Pour into the pumpkin and brush to season all the flesh.
- Add the grated cheese and garlic into the pumpkin. Place the lid back on and roast for 40 minutes. Meanwhile, cut chunks of bread.
- To serve, arrange the pumpkin on a platter surrounded by chunks of crusty bread. Use forks or skewers to dip.