Rainbow Carrot Christmas Crowns
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 80 minutes
Total time: 105 minutes
5 Rainbow carrots (with skin on )
5 Brussels sprouts
3 sprig Thyme
Filo pastry (1 pack)
275 Vegan herb cream ‘cheese’
Black pepper (freshly grounded)
2 tbsp Vegan butter
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.Give the carrots a brush in water to remove any dirt, then slice the carrots whole into round dice, coat in olive oil, salt and 3 fresh thyme sprigs on a baking tray.
- Score an x on the base of the chestnuts and add to the tray then roast for 25 minutes (take out to cool and turn the oven temperature up to 200ºC).
- Take any scraps from the carrots and pop them in your pets food bowl
- Soak loose veg in water & a splash of vinegar to remove any mud from the skin so you can eat the entire veg rather than having to remove the skin
- Top tip for leftover potato peels: Give them a scrub, coat in olive oil, salt and fresh rosemary then spread out on a baking tray and roast at 180ºC for 20 minutes until you have a delicious crisp.