Poached plums & Golden Oats
Tender poached plums in a vanilla syrup topped with a quick granola style oat.
- No plums? Try with peaches, apricots, nectarines or figs instead.
- No flaked almonds? Use the nuts and seeds of your choice.
- No ice cream? Try with a dollop of creme fraiche/vegan creme fraiche or yoghurt/vegan yoghurt instead.
- No vanilla extract? Use a vanilla pod instead.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
For the plums:
30 g Caster sugar
2 tsp Vanilla extract
500 ml Water
For the oats:
40 g Rolled oats
20 g Flaked almonds
20 g Walnuts
40 g Maple syrup
10 g Olive oil
Vanilla ice cream
- Cut the plums in half and remove the stones. Compost the stones.
- In a small pan add the sugar, vanilla and water. Bring to the boil then turn down the heat to a simmer. Add the plums and turn off the heat. Set aside to poach while making the granola.
- In a small frying pan, add the rolled oats, flaked almonds and walnuts. Place over a medium heat and cook for 2-3 minutes, tossing often, until light golden brown. Add the oil and maple syrup, mix well and turn off the heat. Set aside to cool.
- Serve the poached plums with the oats and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
How to store
Store the plums in the fridge for up to 3 days. Store the granola in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
Use any leftover vanilla syrup for cocktail recipes. Pour into an ice cube tray and freeze until needed.