Pear and Chocolate Brownie
The ultimate chocolate brownie with tender pieces of pears inside. It's chocolaty, fruity and easy to make!
- No pear? Try with apples instead.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 65 minutes
180 g Unsalted butter / Vegan butter
190 g Dark chocolate
20 g Cocoa powder
80 g Plain flour
3 large Eggs
250 g Light brown sugar
1 a pinch of Sea salt
25 g seeds and nuts of your choice
- Cut the pears into quarters lengthwise.
- With an electric mixer, whisk the eggs and sugar, for 5-6 minutes, or until thick and creamy.
- Fill a small saucepan about a quarter full with hot water, and pop a mixing bowl on top so it rests on the rim of the pan, not touching the water (this is called a bain marie).
- Add the butter and chocolate to the bowl, and put over the heat until the butter and chocolate have melted, stirring occasionally.
- Combine the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture.
- Add the flour and cacao, and mix until combined.
- Preheat the oven to 170 C/150 fan/3 gas mark. Pour the batter into a lined square cake tin (20 cm x 20 cm), top with the pears, and nuts.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting.
- Cut the brownie and enjoy!
How to store
Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks, and in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Serve the brownie with a dollop of creme fraiche/vegan cream, a drizzle of custard or vanilla ice cream/vegan ice cream.