Panko Crusted Brussels Sprouts with Sweet and Spicy Cranberry Sauce
Whole crispy on the outside and tender cooked on the inside brussels sprouts coated in a sweet and spicy golden syrup sauce. A great way to use whole brussels sprouts, and great on a festive table spread.
- No panko breadcrumbs? You can blitz any type of bread in a food processor. Use gluten free bread if preferred.
- No rosemary? Use any other herb such as thyme or oregano.
- No golden syrup? Try with honey or maple syrup instead.
- No BBQ sauce? Use any similar tomato based dip sauce or hot sauce instead.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
400 g Brussels sprouts
50 g Plain flour
2 Eggs / Plant based milk
50 g Panko breadcrumbs
1 tbsp Rosemary (chopped )
1 tsp Paprika
Salt & pepper
1 tbsp Vegetable oil
For the sauce:
2 tbsp Cranberry sauce
1 tbsp Golden syrup
2 tbsp Light soy sauce
1 tbsp bbq sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/160 fan/4 gas mark. Line a large baking tray with reusable silicone mat or baking paper.
- Prepare 3 bowls. The first one with flour, the second one with beaten eggs (or plant based milk), and the third one with a mixture of panko breadcrumbs, rosemary, paprika, and a pinch of both salt and pepper.
- Place the whole brussels sprouts into the flour mixture. Toss well to coat.
- Then dip to brussels sprouts into the eggs (or plant based milk) and finally into the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Spread the brussels sprouts on the lined baking tray, and drizzle with a little vegetable oil. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, until golden.
- In the meantime, in a bowl combine the sauce ingredients; cranberry sauce, golden syrup, bbq sauce, worcestershire sauce and light soy sauce.
- Pour the cranberry sauce over the brussels sprouts and gently toss to coat. Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm!
How to store
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, bake in the preheated oven at 18 C/160 fan/4 gas mark, for 6-7 minutes.
The crispy brussels sprouts would be delicious to top a salad or serve alongside a comforting seasonal soup.