Pak Choi Salad With Toasted Sesame Dressing
Try this easy and delicious pak choi salad, complete with a creamy toasted sesame dressing.
No pak choi? You could try this with any other green such as cabbage, spring greens or tenderstem broccoli.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
6 Pak Choi (5-6 depending on their size)
2 tbsp Mayonnaise / Vegan mayonnaise
1 tbsp Tahini
1 tbsp Toasted sesame oil
1 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
1 Ginger (small piece fresh ginger)
2 Garlic cloves
1 tbsp Water
1 tbsp Sesame seeds
- Halve or quarter the pak choi depending on their size, then rinse under running water.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil, then add the pak choi and blanch for five minutes. Drain and rinse in ice cold water. Set aside in a sieve to drain well.
- To make the dressing, finely chop the ginger and garlic, then add it to a bowl with the mayonnaise, tahini, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar and water. Mix well to combine then set aside.
- Heat up a small frying pan over medium heat, then dry pan-fry the sesame seeds for 1-2 minutes to toast them.
- Lay the pak choi on a serving plate, drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
How to store
Store the pak choi in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. The pak choi will marinade in the dressing. Take it out of the fridge 10-15 minutes before serving to bring them back to room temperature.
Toss in salads. Roughly chop the pak choi and mix in the dressing. Add to lettuce or mixed leaf salads. Stir fry. Roughly chop the pak choi and add to stir fry recipes with noodles or rice.