Onion and Squash Soup with Roasted Baby Potatoes
Try this creamy soup made from onion and butternut squash, topped with crispy rosemary baby potatoes and crumbled feta.
- No butternut squash? Try with pumpkin instead.
- No onions? Use shallots instead.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
600 g Butternut squash
200 g Onions
300 g Small potatoes
1 tbsp Rosemary
100 g Feta / Vegan feta
400 ml Vegetable stock
Salt & pepper
- Chop the butternut squash in cubes, and the onions in quarters.
- Cook the onions and butternut squash in 2 tbsp of olive oil, for 5-7 minutes, until tender and a little caramelised. Season with salt and pepper, and pour the stock over. Add water to fully cover the vegetables if needed. Cook for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C/ 180 fan / 7 gas mark. Add the potatoes to a mixing bowl along with 1 tbsp olive oil, the chopped rosemary, and a good pinch of each salt and pepper. Toss to coat and place the potatoes in an oven tray.
- Roast the potatoes for 10-15 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- Blend the soup until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the soup with the crispy potatoes, and crumbled feta.
How to store
Store in an airtight container, in the fridge for up to 3 days. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Serve any leftover soup with golden and crip croutons, or with al dente pasta.