Mediterranean Celery Salad
A quick and simple mediterranean salad, showcasing raw crunchy celery, chickpeas, black olives, red onion and parsley. The chickpeas make it nutritious enough to be a meal on its own, but this recipe would also be a great side dish or starter.
- No celery? You can use fennel instead.
- No red onion? Try with shallot.
- No black olives? You can use green olives, or swap the olives for capers or cornichons.
- No red wine vinegar? Use what you have. Good options are white wine vinegar, and apple cider vinegar.
- No parsley? Swap parsley for fresh basil.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0 minute
Total time: 15 minutes
Celery stalk (4)
400 g Chickpeas (1 tin, drained)
1 Red onion
15 Black olives
a bunch of Parsley
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
½ tsp Cumin seeds
2 tbsp Olive oil
Salt & pepper
- Prepare your ingredients: Slice the celery, cut the olives in half, thinly slice the red onion, and chop the parsley (stem included). In a large bowl, combine celery, chickpeas, olives, red onion and parsley.
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, cumin seeds, olive oil, salt and pepper. Whisk with a fork until the salt has dissolved.
- Finish the salad: Pour the dressing over the celery chickpea salad, and mix well.