Maple Vanilla Roasted Plums
Make the most of the delicious plums in your box with this quick recipe. The roasted fruit comes out soft and juicy with background notes of vanilla and maple syrup. Super tasty served warm right away, or stored in the fridge and used for breakfast, a snack or dessert.
- No plums? Try with peaches or nectarines.
- No maple syrup? Use honey instead.
- No vanilla? Swap for ground cinnamon or ginger.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
600 g Plums
4 tbsp Maple syrup
½ tsp Vanilla paste
- Preheat the oven to 220 C/200 fan/gas mark 7. Wash and dry the plums.
- Using a sharp knife cut them in half, right through to the stone. Hold each half in your hands and twist them in opposite directions to pull them apart. Remove the stones (pop them in the compost) and put the plums cut-side-up on a large baking tray
- In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup with 1 tbsp of water and the vanilla. Drizzle evenly over the plums.
- Roast the syrup-drizzle plums until they're tender (about 10-15 minutes, depending on their size). They'll keep cooking a bit as they cool down.
How to store
Store in the fridge for up to 7 days and in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Enjoy your roasted plums with pancakes, crepes, yoghurt or porridge. They can be eaten warm or cold. Blend any leftovers to a smooth compote.