Maple Vanilla Roasted Plums
Celebrate the incredibly delicious plums in your Oddbox with this quick recipe. The roasted fruit comes out soft and juicy with background notes of vanilla and maple syrup. The simple roasted plums are delicious served warm right away, or can be stored in the fridge, and used for breakfast, a snack or dessert.
- No plums? Try this recipe with peaches or nectarines.
- No maple syrup? Try with honey instead.
- No vanilla? Use cinnamon or ginger powder.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
600 g Plum
4 tbsp Maple syrup
½ tsp Vanilla paste
- Preheat the oven to 220 C/200 fan/7 gas mark. Wash and dry the plums.
- Using a sharp knife cut them in half right through to the stone. Hold each half in your hands and twist them in the opposite directions to pull them apart. Remove the stones and place the plums, cut side up, on a large baking tray
- Prepare the maple syrup: In a small bowl stir the maple syrup, 1 tbsp of water and vanilla.
- Drizzle the syrup evenly over the plums.
- Roast for about 10-15 minutes, depending on their size, or until the plums are tender, but still hold their shapes - the plums will keep cooking a little as they cool down. Remove from the oven and leave them to cool in the baking tray.
- Once cool, transfer the plums and their juice to a bowl. Serve warm or cold with yoghurt, on pancakes or porridge.
How to store
Store in the fridge for up to 7 days and in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Enjoy your roasted plums with pancakes, crepes, yoghurt or porridge. They can be eaten warm or cold. Blend any leftovers to a smooth compote.