Maple & Sesame Baby Carrots
Whole baby carrots blanched and tossed in a maple sesame sauce until nicely coated. Topped with fresh herbs and sesame seeds, this is a great recipe to serve alongside salads, rice, quinoa or noodles. Delicious eaten hot or cold this recipe is a great one for meal prep.
- No spring onions? Use coriander or parsley instead.
- No noodles? Use cooked rice or quinoa instead.
- No maple syrup? Try with honey instead.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
400 g Baby carrots
2 tbsp Maple syrup
2 tbsp Sesame oil
2 tbsp Soy sauce
3 Garlic cloves (grated )
1 tbsp Vegetable oil
1 tbsp Sesame seeds
4 Spring onions (sliced)
300 g Ready cooked noodles
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Blanch the carrots for 10-15 minutes, until tender. A knife inserted in one of the carrots should come out easily.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the maple syrup, sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic and vegetable oil. Use a fork to mix until combined and creamy.
- Drain the carrots and add them to the mixing bowl. Toss well to coat and place back in the pan. Add the noodles (if using), toss well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the spring onions, sesame seeds and serve.
How to store
Store in an airtight container, in the fridge, for up to 3 days. Eat cold or reheat in a frying pan for 5-6 minutes.