Maple Roasted Carrots, Brussels Sprouts and Dates Salad
A festive salad showcasing lots of colours that will look fabulous on the table. The carrots are roasted with spices and maple syrup along with brussels sprouts and dates. Served with a creamy lemon sauce.
- No carrots? Use parsnips or squash instead.
- No brussels sprouts? Try with chopped cabbage instead.
- No ground cumin? Use ground coriander instead.
- No maple syrup? Try with honey or golden syrup instead.
- No pomegranate? Use cranberries instead.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
300 g Carrots
150 g Brussels sprouts
80 g Deseeded dates
1 tsp Ground cumin
1 tsp Smoked paprika
1 tbsp Maple syrup
1 tbsp Olive oil
Salt & pepper
For the dressing:
2 tbsp Tahini
120 g Yoghurt / Vegan yoghurt
1 tsp Lemon zest
1 tbsp Lemon juice
Salt & pepper
For the topping:
2 tbsp Pomegranate seed
- Preheat the oven to 190 C/170 fan/5 gas mark. Cut the carrots in half lengthwise.
- In a mixing bowl, toss together the carrots, ground cumin, smoked paprika, olive oil, maple syrup and a pinch of both salt and pepper. Place in a roasting tray and roast for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, shred the brussels sprouts and roughly chop the dates.
- Add the brussels sprouts and dates to the carrots. Drizzle with olive oil, toss well and roast for 12 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the yoghurt/vegan yoghurt, tahini, lemon zest, lemon juice, 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of both salt and pepper.
- Spread the yoghurt mixture onto a serving plate.
- Top with the roasted carrots, brussels sprouts, dates, and pomegranate seeds.
How to store
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Roasted carrots and brussels sprouts risotto or pasta sauce: Blend the roasted carrots with a little stock and pour into your almost cooked risotto (or al dente pasta) for a colourful and creamy result. Add the brussels sprouts and serve!