Kiwi Panettone Bread and Butter Pudding
An easy and festive pudding made with panettone, slices of kiwis and freshly made custard. This is great made in advance and served for breakfast, dessert or afternoon tea.
- No kiwis? Use mangoes, clementines or oranges instead. You can also add chunks of chocolate for extra deliciousness.
- Dairy free? Use plant based milk instead.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
350 g Panettone
For the custard:
500 ml Milk of choice
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tbsp Caster sugar
1½ tsp Cornflour
- Preheat the oven to 170 C/150 fan/3 gas mark. Tear or slice the panettone into large pieces and place ⅔ of them in a baking dish (keeping the rest for the custard).
- Slice the kiwis with the skin on, and place over and in between the panettone.
- Pour the milk and vanilla into a saucepan. Heat the milk to just below simmering point, stirring occasionally, then take the pan off the heat. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and cornflour until just combined. Slowly pour the hot milk onto the egg mixture, whisking continuously.
- Add the leftover panettone pieces into the custard to soak some of it up.
- Pour the custard and panettone pieces into the dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until lightly set. Remove from the oven and leave to set for 30 minutes before serving.
- If you want to make your bread and butter pudding nice and shiny, mix orange marmalade (or fig, clementine..) with 1 tsp of water and brush the pudding.
How to store
Store in an airtight container, in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Serve the leftovers as dessert with a scoop of your favourite ice cream and a drizzle of melted dark chocolate.