Kilner Quick Pickled Vegetables
How to make quick pickled vegetables! A simple, delicious recipe that can be used with almost any veggie! Make pickled cucumbers, pickled carrots, beets, radishes, kohlrabi, onions, cauliflower, peppers or asparagus. We love the Kilner Glass Pickle Jar with Lifter which lifts and drains the pickled veggies with ease. You can get your hands on some Kilner Jars by visiting their website here.
- No green beans? Use carrots, radishes, peppers or cucumber instead.
- No white vinegar? Use white wine vinegar
- No mustard seeds? Try with coriander seeds, cumin seeds or fennel seeds instead.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
220 g Green beans
550 ml White vinegar
85 g Caster sugar
a pinch of Salt
400 ml Water
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1 tsp Pink peppercorns
1 Bay leaf
- Fill the sterilised jar with the green beans. Layer with the mustard seeds, pink peppercorns and bay leaf.
- In a small saucepan, add the vinegar, caster sugar, salt and water. Bring to a boil then turn off the heat.
- Pour hot pickling liquid over the green beans, making sure they are completely submerged and leaving 1 cm space between liquid and lid.
- Cool on the counter for a couple of hours before covering and placing the fridge. They will begin to have flavour the next day, and they will taste even better after a few days.
How to store
Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.