A great comforting winter dish that can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The kale is cooked in chopped tomatoes and served with (or without) poached eggs, feta cheese/vegan feta and served alongside crusty bread.
- No kale? Use cavolo nero or spinach instead.
- No feta? Try with soft goat cheese, ricotta or any plant based alternative.
- No baguette? Use naan bread or pita bread instead.
- Vegan? Swap the eggs for more veggie, like peppers or sweet potato.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
100 g Kale
1 Red pepper (sliced)
1 Onion (sliced)
2 Garlic cloves (chopped )
1 Tin chopped tomatoes
50 g Feta (crumbled) / Vegan feta
2 tbsp Olive oil
1 Small baguette
40 g Parsley
Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/160 fan/4 gas mark and roughly chop the kale.
- Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, pepper, garlic and cook until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped kale, and crack the eggs into the sauce and sprinkle with crumbled feta.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until egg whites are set but yolks are still slightly runny, 8-10 minutes.
- Scatter parsley over top and serve warm from the pan along with bread.
How to store
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Serve the leftovers with a side of green salad seasoned with a light vinaigrette.