Grilled Courgettes with White Bean Puree
A healthy vegan recipe made with courgettes and delicious white beans. This simple recipe doubles as both a healthy dinner and a simple side dish. Either way, you serve it up, it’s going to be a favourite.
- No coriander? Use parsley, basil or mint instead.
- No lemon? Use lime juice instead.
- No curry powder? Use any spice of your liking, such as ground coriander, masala or ground cumin.
- No cannellini beans? Use any white beans instead such as butter beans or chickpeas.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
2 tbsp Olive oil
10 g Fresh coriander
For the white bean puree:
1 can cannellini beans (with the water)
1 tsp Curry powder
1 tsp Ground turmeric
½ Lemon (zested and juiced )
Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 C/180c fan/6 gas mark. Cut the courgettes in half lengthways. Score the courgette flesh diagonally with a sharp knife.
- Add the olive oil to a large ovenproof frying pan and place over a medium heat. Add the courgette halves cut side down and cook for 6-8 minutes, until golden brown. Add the pan to the oven and cook the courgettes for another 6-8 minutes, until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- In the meantime, add all of the white bean puree ingredients into a food processor. Blend until smooth and season to taste.
- Pour the white bean puree into a serving dish and top with the courgettes cut side up to showcase the beautiful inside. Top with fresh coriander leaves and enjoy!
How to store
Store in an airtight container, in the fridge for up to 3 days. The white bean puree can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.