Crispy Cheesy Potato Stacks
Thinly sliced potato stacks flavoured with festive herbs, grated cheese and garlic then baked in a muffin tin until crisp and golden.
- No potatoes? Try with sweet potatoes instead.
- No pecorino? Use grated parmesan instead.
- No sage? Use rosemary or oregano instead.
- Vegan? Use vegan cheese and vegan salted butter instead.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
10 Small potatoes
2 tbsp Pecorino cheese
8 Sage leaves (chopped)
2 tbsp Salted butter / Vegan butter
Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190 C/170 fan/5 gas mark. Lightly grease a muffin tin with olive oil. Use a mandoline or sharp knife to thinly slice the potatoes.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, chopped sage, grated cheese, salt and pepper. Add the potato slices and toss well to coat.
- Layer the potatoes evenly in the prepared muffin tin, stacking the layers all the way to the top. Transfer to the oven, and roast for 30-40 minutes, until tender and golden.
- Serve immediately, alone or with your favourite dipping sauce like pesto.
How to store
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, bake in the preheated oven at 180 C/160 fan/4 gas mark, for 5 minutes.
The leftover potato stacks can be served alongside one of our soup or salad.