Creamy Leek Pasta
Creamy leek fondue makes the best pasta sauce. Try this quick recipe packed with flavours.
- No leeks? Try with thinly sliced mushrooms, or onions.
- No butter/vegan butter? Use olive oil instead.
- No white wine? You can substitute the white wine with a little vegetable stock.
- No lemon? Try with lime.
- No creme fraiche/vegan creme fraiche? For this recipe the oat cream is a good choice. Alternatively you can use natural yoghurt/vegan yoghurt.
- No whole grain mustard? Use any mustard.
- No parmesan/vegan parmesan? Use any cheese you have on hand.
- No spaghetti? Make this recipe with any pasta you like. Tagliatelle is a good option.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
1 tbsp Butter / Vegan butter
1 white wine (small glass - optional)
1 Lemon (juice and zest)
100 g Creme fraiche / vegan creme fraiche
1 tsp whole grain mustard
Parmesan / vegan parmesan
200 g Spaghetti
Salt & pepper
- Make the leek fondue: Slice the leeks very thinly. Rinse under cold water to get rid of any dirt. Add the butter/vegan butter to a large pan. When melted and hot, add the leeks. Season and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, until tender. Deglaze with the white wine, add the creme fraiche/vegan creme fraiche and the mustard. Cook for 10 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced and you have a creamy leek fondue.
- Cook the spaghetti: While the leeks are cooking, cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Reserve a little pasta water, and drain.
- Finish the leek pasta: Add the drained pasta to the pan with the leek fondue. Add a few tablespoons of pasta water, the grated parmesan/vegan parmesan and toss well to coat. Turn off the heat, add the lemon juice and zest, and season to taste. Serve nice and hot.
How to store
How to store: Store your leek pasta in the fridge for up to 3 days, and in the freezer for up to 3 months. Warm up in a pan before serving.
Leftovers: Use your leftovers to make spaghetti bake, or frittata. For the bake, add your leek pasta to a greased baking dish and cover with a white sauce. Bake until golden. For the frittata, chop up the leek spaghetti and mix with eggs and fresh herbs. Pour into a baking dish and roast until cooked through.