Creamy Aubergine Dip
The aubergine is sliced and roasted skin-on until tender and lightly charred, then blended until smooth and served with warm pitta bread.
- No lemon? Use lime instead.
- No garlic? Try with 1 tsp of garlic powder instead.
- No parsley? Use any other fresh herbs you have on hand.
- No pitta bread? Regular toasted sourdough bread or any other bread would work too! Otherwise, serve with crudites from your box; try with carrots, celery and peppers cut in batons.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
2 Garlic cloves (chopped)
2 tbsp Tahini
2 tbsp Olive oil
2 tbsp Lemon juice
Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/16 fan/4 gas mark. Measure your ingredients.
- Cut the aubergine skin-on, into 1 cm thick slices.
- Place the aubergine slices into one layer on a baking tray. Drizzle with the olive oil, and season with the chopped garlic, salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes, until the aubergine is soft and lightly charred, and the garlic golden but not burned.
- Place the aubergine slices and garlic into a food processor, along with the tahini, and lemon juice. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed. Depending on your aubergine size you might need a little more lemon juice, tahini and seasonings.
- Place in a dish and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve with warm pitta bread.
How to store
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
The creamy roasted aubergine dip would make a delicious pasta sauce. Cook your favourite pasta until al dente, then toss in the aubergine dip and some reserve pasta water. Serve with lemon zest, grated parmesan/vegan parmesan, and a pinch of chilli flakes.