Buffalo Cauliflower Nuggets
Crispy and spicy buffalo cauliflower nuggets. The cauliflower florets are oven-baked, and tossed with spicy/sweet buffalo sauce. Delicious served on a bed of greens, or on its own.
- No smoked paprika? Try with cayenne or chilli powder instead.
- No eggs? Use 200 ml plant based milk instead.
- No maple syrup? Try with honey or golden syrup instead.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: 50 minutes
For the batter:
3 Eggs / Plant based milk
100 g Plain flour
100 g Panko breadcrumbs
1 tsp Smoked paprika
For the buffalo sauce:
10 g Worcestershire sauce
10 g Soy sauce
15 g Maple syrup
5 g Chilli sauce
80 g bbq sauce
Mayonnaise / Vegan yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/160 fan/4 gas mark. In a bowl, mix the flour, breadcrumbs, paprika, and a pinch of salt. In another bowl, add the eggs (or 200 ml plant based milk).
- Add the cauliflower into the eggs, then into the flour mix. Toss well to evenly coat all the florets.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Spread the cauliflower on the baking tray, and drizzle with a little vegetable oil.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, but make sure to stir them halfway through to prevent them from burning.
- In the meantime, in a bowl mix together the coating sauce ingredients; bbq sauce, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, maple syrup and chilli sauce.
- Remove the florets from the oven and add them to the bowl with the sauce. Stir well to coat.
- Spread the cauliflower back on the baking tray and bake for another 15 minutes, until crispy.
- Serve with the dipping sauce of your choice; garlic mayonnaise or mayonnaise/vegan mayonnaise.
How to store
Store in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month. To serve, reheat the nuggets in a hot oven until warm and crispy.
The cauliflower nuggets would be delicious as a salad garnish.