Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad
A classic salad reinvented with brussels sprouts! Try this quick and delicious recipe showcasing shredded brussels sprouts, crispy rosemary croutons and a creamy parmesan dressing.
- No brussels sprouts? Try with lettuce or kale instead.
- Vegan? Use vegan parmesan and vegan mayonnaise.
- No rosemary? Try with oregano or thyme instead.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
300 g Brussels sprouts
50 g Parmesan / vegan parmesan
50 g Mayonnaise / Vegan mayonnaise
2 Garlic cloves
Lemon (juice of 1/2)
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 sprig Rosemary (chopped)
130 g Bread
Salt & pepper
- Make the croutons: Preheat the oven to 180 C/160 fan/4gas mark. Tear the bread into bite-sized pieces and place it onto a large baking tray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, season chopped rosemary, salt and pepper. Toss to combine, spread into an even layer and bake for 8-10 minutes, until browned and crisp.
- Make the dressing: Add the parmesan, mayonnaise, garlic, mustard and lemon juice to a food processor. Blend until smooth, about 20 seconds. With the motor running, remove the inner cap on the lid and slowly pour in 4 tbsp of olive oil. Continue blending until creamy and emulsified, about 30 seconds more.
- Make the salad: Use a knife to chop the brussels sprouts and place in a large bowl. Add the dressing and the croutons and toss until well-coated. Transfer to serving bowls and serve.
How to store
The croutons can be made 5 days in advance, and stored at room temperature in an airtight container. The caesar dressing can be made 3 days in advance and stored in the fridge.
Add more roasted vegetables from your Oddbox to your salad. Roughly chop them, toss in olive oil, season and roast at 200 C/180 fan/6 gas mark, until cooked through.