Blueberry Rose Spritz
Turn your blueberries into a puree and mix with rose wine and Aperol to make a delicious cocktail. The blueberry puree can be made in advance and stored in the fridge or freezer in ice cubes. Ready for express cocktail making all summer long.
- No blueberries? Use strawberries or raspberries.
- Non-Alcoholic Version? Use alcohol free rose and Crodino instead; a non-alcoholic bitter aperitif.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minute
Total time: 10 minutes
140 g Blueberries
70 ml Aperol
100 ml Rose wine
Sparkling water (to taste )
- To make the blueberry purée, add the berries to a blender. Blend until very smooth, adding a splash of water if needed.
- To make the cocktail, put 1 tbsp of blueberry puree in an ice-filled glass with the Aperol and rosé wine. Stir to combine, top with sparkling water to taste and enjoy.
- Bonus zero-waste step: fill ice cube trays with any leftover purée and freeze.
- You can then pop the ice cubes into drinks throughout the summer (if they last that long).
How to store
To store the leftover puree, pour it into an ice cube container and freeze for up to 1 month. Use the blueberry cubes for cocktails or smoothies.