Vegan Beet & Quinoa Burger
This yummy recipe is brought to you courtesy Sasha from the @thesashadiaries (Instagram).
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
300 g Beetroots (1 packet, steamed)
1 Onion (finely diced)
4 Garlic cloves (crushed)
½ tsp Cumin
¼ tsp Smoked paprika
1 tsp Pink Himalayan rock salt
Quinoa (1 cup cooked)
Breadcrumbs (0.25 cup, wholemeal)
2 tbsp Flax seed (+ 3 tbsp water, let thicken for 5 minutes)
2 tsp Lemon juice
- Puree the beetroot roughly in a food processor and pour into a bowl.
- Fry the onion and garlic until fragrant, then add in the cumin, paprika and salt.
- Fry another minute then add cooked mixture into the beetroot.
- Add the quinoa, breadcrumbs, lemon juice and flax egg and mix well.
- Add more breadcrumbs if mixture is still a bit wet. Form 5 patties from this mixture and bake on a parchment-lined baking tray at 180C for 30 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Enjoy with some guacamole and sweet potatoes in a toasted bun!