BBQ Gooseberry Skewers
Looking for the perfect BBQ dish? Try these Skewers. Mozzarella balls/tofu, cherry tomatoes and gooseberries grilled on reusable skewers and topped with a delicious herby oil.
- No gooseberries? Try with chunks of peach instead.
- No mozzarella balls? Try with tofu instead.
- No basil? Use oregano instead.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
150 g Gooseberries
150 g Mozzarella balls
150 g Cherry tomatoes
15 g Basil leaves
80 ml Olive oil
Salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to grill mode.
- Thread a cherry tomato on each reusable skewer followed by a mozzarella ball and finally a gooseberry.
- Repeat until all skewers are filled.
- Finely chop the basil, and mix with the olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the skewers on a large lined baking tray.
- Pour the basil oil over and grill for 2-3 minutes, until just warm and the mozzarella has started to melt. Do not overcook or the mozzarella balls will completely melt.
How to store
Store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Add leftovers to salads.