Baked Clementines with Vanilla Syrup
The clementines are peeled but kept whole and cooked in a vanilla syrup until caramelised. These are delicious on their own for breakfast or served with ice cream as dessert.
- No clementines? Use satsumas instead.
- No vanilla extract? Try with vanilla paste.
- No honey/maple syrup? Use caster sugar instead.
- No cinnamon stick? Use a pinch of ground cinnamon.
- No star anise? Try with a couple of cloves instead.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
2 Oranges (zested and juiced )
1 tsp Vanilla extract
2 tbsp Runny honey (or maple syrup)
2 star anise
1 Cinnamon Stick
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/160 fan/4 gas mark. Peel the clementines, making sure to keep them all. Use a small knife to gently remove any white membranes which are bitter. Compost the peels.
- Place the clementines in a baking dish.
- Add the orange zest, orange juice, vanilla, star anise and cinnamon stick to the dish too. Drizzle with the honey/maple syrup.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then use a spoon to bast the clementines with the warm orange juice. Place back in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Divide the clementines into bowls, pour the warm juice over and serve. Bon appetit!
How to store
Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Serve with pancakes, your favourite ice cream or chantilly.