Apple & Peanut Butter Cookies
These four-ingredient vegan cookies are so simple and delicious. The apples are cooked to a compote then mixed with oats, peanut butter (or any nut butter) and chocolate chips, then baked and that is all. Also gluten free adaptable, you just need to use GF oats.
- No apples? Use banana or pear instead. If you're using banana, start the recipe at step 2 – just mash the bananas with a fork and mix directly with the other ingredients.
- No peanut butter? Use any nut butter you like.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
150 g Apples (chopped )
70 g Rolled oats
60 g Peanut butter
60 g dark chocolate chips
- Put the chopped apples in a small saucepan with 200ml water. Cover with a lid and cook over medium heat until tender, for about 10-15 minutes. Once cooked, blend to a smooth compote in a food processor.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/160 fan/gas mark 4. Add the apple compote, oats, peanut butter and chocolate chips to a mixing bowl and mix until well-combined.
- Scoop about 8 cookies on the tray and flatten the top with a spoon. Got extra chocolate chips? Scatter them on top of the cookies. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
How to store
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Make a cookie sandwich. Place a cookie flat side up and add a scoop of your favourite ice cream. Top with another cookie and serve!