Apple, Cinnamon and Chocolate Chips Muffins
Try these apple, cinnamon and chocolate muffins. They are super quick to mix up and delicious!
- No apples? Try with pears instead.
- No cinnamon? Use ginger powder instead.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
80 g dark chocolate chips
For the dry ingredients:
300 g Self raising flour
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Ground cinnamon
½ tsp All spice
For the wet ingredients:
50 g Olive oil
150 ml Milk of choice / Plant based milk
3 tbsp Maple syrup
1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/160 fan/4 gas mark. In a large mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the wet ingredients together.
- Chop the apples in small cubes of approximately 1 cm.
- Add the wet ingredient mixture to the flour mixture, and mix until combined.
- Fold in the apples and chocolate chips to the muffin batter.
- Spoon the batter into lined muffin cases.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until risen, golden and firm to touch. Let cool for 10 minutes.
How to store
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Freeze for up to 1 month.
The muffins are delicieux for breakfast, dessert or as a snack!