Courgette, Sultana & Pecan Cake
Try this easy courgette cake, it's our grower's favourite.
- No cinnamon? Use ground ginger instead.
- No pecans? Try with walnuts instead.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Total time: 75 minutes
2 Large eggs
125 ml Vegetable oil
85 g Soft brown sugar
350 g Courgettes (coarsely grated )
1 tsp Vanilla extract
300 g Plain flour
½ tsp Ground cinnamon
¼ tsp Ground nutmeg
½ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp Baking powder
85 g Pecan nuts
140 g Sultanas
- Heat the oven to 180C/160c fan gas/4 gas mark.
- Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and sugar, then add the courgettes and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients with a pinch of salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, then pour into the tin.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave to cool, then serve, or freeze for up to 1 month.
How to store
Store in the fridge for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.