Creamy Sweet Potato Spaghetti with Roasted Veg
Ingredients (Serves 4)
Sweet Potato Sauce
4 medium sweet potatoes/around 700g, peeled and chopped into chunks
½ cup/75g cashews, soaked overnight (or boiled for 15 minutes) and then drained
¼ cup/10g nutritional yeast (or cheese)
½ tsp salt
1½ cups/375ml milk of choice
Pasta and Veg
300g brown rice spaghetti (or whichever gluten-free or non gluten-free pasta you like or need)
- 1 bag/200g spinach
- 250g mushrooms, halved or quartered if large
- 450g cherry/baby plum tomatoes
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Place the mushrooms and tomatoes on a baking tray. Drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper and roast for 20-25 minutes until the tomatoes are collapsing and the mushrooms are well browned.
3. Meanwhile, place the sweet potato chunks in a steamer and cook for 15 minutes until soft and falling apart.
4. Cook the pasta to your liking and set aside when drained.
5. When the sweet potato is ready, place in a blender with the remaining sauce ingredients and blend until thick and smooth.
6. Place the spinach in the bottom a large saucepan, then add the pasta and lastly, the sweet potato sauce. Stir until well-combined. The spinach should wilt from the heat of the pasta and sauce but you can also warm it on a low heat if needed.
7. Add the mushrooms and tomatoes to the pasta and serve. I also like to add chilli flakes sometimes for a bit of kick!