Recipe courtesy our founder - Emilie
- Ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- Rhubarb stalks (around 400 - 500g)
- Tub of Single cream
- White sugar (100- 170g)
- 2 eggs
Unfold a ready rolled shortcrust pastry in a mould and prick it with a fork
Cut the rhubarb in small squares (400 to 500 g should do)
- Mix with 20g sugar and leave to marinate as the rhubarb will loose water.
- Drain the rhubarb and put the squares on the pastry.
- In a bowl mix 200ml of single cream, 2 eggs and 100-150g of sugar depending on how sweet you like your tart.
- Pour the mixture on top of the rhubarb and put in the oven for 30 to 40 mins at 200 degrees celsius until the top is golden.
- You can sprinkle a bit of sugar 10 minutes before taking it out of the oven to caramelise the top.