Biffen's Kitchen 30 Minutes Veggie Ramen Recipe
Hot bowls of steaming, intoxicating, veggie ramen fill us with the kind of happiness that only rescuing unwanted wonky veg can bring. Pure. Unrivalled. Joy. Guys.
So now that the weather has started to turn, the wonderful George from Biffen's Kitchen decided he's the kind of guy who doesn't mind sharing one of his best vegan recipes with the likes of us to ease us into Autumn. Not just a great cook but a man of excellent life choices.
- 2 tsp Miso Paste
- 1 inch [sliced] Ginger
- 2 [Juice and Zest] Lime
- 4 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 [sliced] Red Chilli
- 1/2 [chunks] Aubergine
- 2 tsp vegan Honey
- 4 [sliced] Mushrooms
- 2 [chopped] Garlic
- handful Coriander
- 1 [sliced] Cooked Beetroot
- 2 [sliced] Spring Onion
- 600ml Vegetable Stock
1. Pre-heat the oven at 180c.
2. On a medium heat in a saucepan, add sesame oil and cook garlic, half the chilli, lime zest and ginger for 4 minutes or until cooked. Add the miso paste, lime juice, fish sauce, soy sauce, honey, coriander stalks, beetroot, chilli, and 600ml stock and simmer for 20 minutes. Ramen, done!
3. Add the sliced mushrooms and aubergines to a non-stick flat oven tray and roast for 15 minutes. The mushrooms will shrivel up, that's the idea so don't worry. [Optional] After 15 minutes drizzle honey (vegans: agave nectar) over the aubergine and season well. Roast for another 5 minutes until caramelised.
4. Add the noodles to the ramen and cook until instructed on the pack.
5. Divide the broth between the bowls with the noodles, sliced spring onions, coriander, sliced red chilli and top with the mushrooms and aubergines.