Terrific Tzatziki recipe
A tasty & refreshing dip for any occasion – always has a place on our table!
· 1 Cucumber
· 1 Lemon
· Fresh Dill
· Fresh Mint
· Olive Oil
· 3 Garlic Cloves
1. Slice the cucumber in half lengthways and cut it into little chunks. If you’re pushed for time you can always grate the cucumber instead although the chunks give a real nice crunch.
2. Place the sliced or grated cucumbers into a sieve and rest over a bowl. Sprinkle a generous amount of salt over the cucumbers to allow them to release their water content. Cucumbers are 95% water so it’s essential to let them drain – ideally overnight for the best results but if in a rush, give them a squeeze with your hand.
3. Finely chop the garlic & mix with the olive oil to let them infuse for a deeper flavour.
4. Once you’ve drained your cucumbers, combine them with your infused olive oil and the juice of a lemon in a serving bowl.
5. After adding your fresh dill & fresh mint, season to taste with salt and black pepper, then mix it all up!