Poached Thai Salmon with Pak Choi
This delicious recipe is brought to you by one of our customer Natasha who followed the recipe from Amelia Freer.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or grated
- 1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped or grated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 lime leaf, finely shredded
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, finely chopped
- 500ml fish or vegetable stock
- 2 salmon fillets, skinned
- 2 pak choi, leaves separated
- small handful fresh coriander leaves, to serve
1. Heat the coconut oil in a medium saucepan and fry the shallots, garlic, ginger and chilli for a few minutes to soften. Add the lime leaf and lemongrass to the pan and cook for another minute.
2. Pour in the stock, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat. Simmer gently for 10-12 minutes to infuse the flavours. Add the salmon fillets and allow to poach for 7-8 minutes over a gentle heat. Add the pak choi leaves for the last minute of cooking.
3. Arrange the salmon fillets and pak choi in serving bowls and ladle the fragrant broth over - remove the lime leaf and lemongrass before serving. Garnish with the coriander.